Monday, September 3, 2012

Guest Author - L.B. Shire


 

It gives me great pleasure today to welcome western romance author L.B. Shire to the blog.
Please introduce yourself. Tell us a little about the person behind the pen.

Hi everyone, my name is L.B. Shire and first I'd like to thank Peggy for having me on her blog today. I'm a writer of Western Historical Romance with my short, sexy read Devil Wears Lace out currently with Breathless Press. Stealing the Sheriff's Heart is available for pre-order now at Breathless Press, and will be available September 21th. Then I've recently signed for two more short stories with Breathless Press, another Western Historical Romance titled The Damned. Then if your into super hot reads with a touch of paranormal, I wrote a short story for the Breathless Press Crimson Anthology titled In the Cover of Darkness with a vampire cowboy hero. Last of all, I have a novelette titled Game of Hearts with No Boundaries Press release date still TBA. I've had an exciting year with all these contracts! I began writing when I was just a youngster, stories that included horses and cowboys and haven't looked back since!

Why did you decide to write Western Historical Romances? What is the appeal?

I love the history and wildness of the old west! I'm also a horse crazy gal and the idea of horses as daily transportation always excited me.
How much research goes into your books, and how do you tackle that? I love to research, and can spend entirely to long with my nose in the history books. Especially history on women outlaws and women who could handle a gun, Annie Oakley being one of my all time fav's. I tend to write myself out a list of questions for my story, then try to keep my research specific to those questions.

What is the best comment you ever received from a reader? The worst or weirdest?

My favorite is "Never underestimate the determination of a woman...”

Tell us a little about your writing style? Do you plan and plot your stories, or do you just plow through them?

Well, like most authors I do both. Recently I've been working on being more organized and plotting my stories out. I need to buy stocks in sticky notes and spiral bound notebooks!

Have you ever had writer’s block? How do you deal with it?

Yes grr, you never know when the evil monster will strike! I take a ride into the surrounding forest on my Kiger mustang who's name is Cowboy. We love to explore the wilderness together. The quiet mountain trails are a wonderful inspiration.

What else do you have in store for your readers?
Well, for the upcoming year I hope to sub my latest, a Contemporary Western Romance tentatively titled  A Cowboy's Love, then I have another historical western romance in the works.  Also I've written a YA paranormal romance that is being published with Wild Horse Press, and book two of the series is completed, just needs polished and sent off! I have lots of exciting stories to come!  Most all with colorful characters set in my favorite place, the wild west!


Where can we find you and your books?





Blurb for Devil Wears Lace

Sara McAllister wants two things in this life: revenge and a new start for the future.

Sara wants revenge. The thought of avenging her family has kept her sane these past years. Now she is so close to reaching her final goal. Joseph Murry, the man who murdered her family, will pay—with his life. She needs only to win the horse race this corrupt politician is sponsoring, finish him, take her winnings, and head west to begin a new life. But someone she never expected to see again has crossed her path, possibly changing the course of her future forever.

Slade hadn't expected to find Sara in Devils Cove—and inside a seedy little saloon, to boot. But here she is, standing before him, stunning as ever. She tells him she is going to win this race and take care of business. Slade recalls her tortured past: a man had murdered her family and left her for dead. He thought he was here to win a race, but instead finds he must protect Sara. For even though they had decided long ago to go their separate ways, the only way she will survive is if he remains by her side.





7 comments:

  1. Thanks Peggy for having me here today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love historical westerns- I write contemporary but I love reading historical

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathleen, I love contemporary westerns too, I must say there's not much I don't like to read! I will check you out! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. HI PEGGY AND LB. EAT SOME BBQ AND READ A HOT BOOK FOR ME!

    linda_bass@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Hotcha12, doing exactly that! BBQ hamburgers, coleslaw and corn on the cob with a side of beer! Tastes delicious! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. L.b, are all your books short stories? Do you have any full length books?
    Charlene charraddon@pobox.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Charlene, Glad to see you here! Right now the books I've signed for and have published are shorts (novellets!) They were fun to write and easier on my schedule, since I also have a full time job and one on call job in the medical field! For the upcoming year, my goal is to have three solid novels I can hold in my hands when published :)! Thanks so much for stopping by, I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete