Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Teaser Tuesday - Teton Sunrise

Mount Moran from Elk Island on Jackson Lake

As I get further into this book, it's becoming more difficult to find teasers that don't give much of the story away! :)
Here is the little snippet I chose for today.


“What’s the matter, Evie?” Alex’s lips widened in a grin that made her want to wrap her arms around his neck and demand that he kiss her again. At that moment she might have consented to anything he asked for. Instead, his next words ignited her temper to flare to the surface again. “You’d still rather marry a warthog than consider being wed to me?” One of his eyebrows rose expectantly.
His question confused her momentarily, but then she remembered proclaiming that exact thing when Henry embarrassed her the day Alex left St. Charles six years ago.
“Why, Alex.” Evelyn forced a smile. “Up until yesterday, your appearance led me to believe that you had turned into a warthog.” She exercised all the self-control she possessed to simply force the words from between clenched teeth rather than shout at the top of her lungs. Her hands balled into fists at her sides, and her body shook as she tried to conceal her embarrassment. He had some nerve to bring up such a humiliating incident.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know how much more waiting I can take!! Can't you just write 24 hours a day?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Thank you. I keep saying I need 48 hours in each day to get all my stuff done. I'd love to make writing my only full-time job. I am working diligently on this book, and I'm looking forward to getting it finished....very soon. Until then, I hope you enjoy the little weekly snippets I post.
      ~Peggy

      Delete